Tuesday, December 18, 2012

My Cards and Tags: December 19th SOUS Card Challenge

December 19th and what a gorgeously fun card sketch from SOUS Designer Sandi!!  I thought I might as well go in a Christmas direction with this one since we are a week away from the Big Day!  Here's the card I made:


And here's Sandi's wonderful sketch that I based it on:


Here are the supplies I used for my card:
Paper: Basic Grey, MME, Prima, Fancy Pants and Daisy D's (the sledders)
Stamp: Christmas ticket (Tim Holtz)
Punches/Tools: Snowflake (Marvy Uchida), scalloped half circle (Fiskars Flower Garden from the AdvantEdge system [I wrote about this machine a couple of posts ago]), and the Corrugator Paper Crimper (Marvy Uchida).
Ink: Colorbox, Tim Holtz, Martha Stewart

Here's a close-up of the Tim Holtz Christmas ticket stamp and the retro-looking sledders that I cut out of a piece of patterned paper.


I also cut some green triangles and fed them through my crimper tool to create these textured trees:



With the intricate flower pattern border I cut out with the Fiskars machine, I bunched and folded it accordian-style (like half a rosette) and used it as my semi-circular background:



This card layout was unique and innovative, yet quite do-able.  And remember-- whether it's cards, layouts or die-cut designs that you're looking for, check out the Stuck on U Sketches blog!  I've only done two cards as a member of their Design Team so far, but I've loved this adventure so far and can't wait for the next one!