Sunday, August 25, 2013

My Other Creations: Little Birdie Altered Journal


This week's challenge for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog is to use dots!  Wa-hoo!  If you've looked at any of my projects, you can see that nobody has to tell me twice to use dots!  LOVE THEM!  And I also love this Tim Holtz spiral-bound journal that is so blissfully easy to alter.  Here's how it started out:



I cut a piece of My Mind's Eye paper (from the Bramble Rose collection) to fit on top.  I added some polka dots using a Stampabilities stamp, then smudged on some brown Tim Holtz distress ink to give it a little more dimension.



I used Ranger Black archival ink and added some elegant text using a Stampabilities stamp called, "Le London Script."



On the top, I tacked on this fun paper dot garland made by Glitz.  I glued on some flowers from Petaloo and made a flower of my own using a Sizzix flower die.  It's glued on top of a Prima flower.



I added some ephemera elements to the background (from Kaisercraft's Attic Collection), then sawed a bird's nest in half and glued it to the cover.  I included some decorative twigs to make a branch for the nest to sit on.  I added fabric scraps to a store-bought bird and put him in the nest.  I finished it off with yet another flower from Prima and a little ticket stub sticking out of the top to serve as a divider tab.


 I used all sorts of random supplies on this project and as always, Simon Says Stamp is my go-to shop for all things crafty.  Here's a list of some of the fabulous products I used:


 

As always, be sure to check out each week's new challenge theme at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog.  Not only will you inspire us fellow crafters with your genius, but you'll also be automatically entered to win 50 big bucks to the Simon Says Stamp Store.  Free money just for sharing your skills?  Go for it!

50dollar_voucher_600px